- Ref. no.: AU00550
- Contract type: Permanent Full-Time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
About the Team
Our Systems Engineering team provides professional analytical support to our Projects to ensure we continue to deliver outstanding customer outcomes. We conduct challenging and enjoyable work on leading military platforms including BOXER, LYNX and our HX Logistic products.
About the role
The Systems Engineer is responsible for performing systems engineering tasks related to development of Rheinmetall products including tactical and logistic vehicle systems and sub-systems.
As Systems Engineer you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- User needs, requirements analysis, derivation and decomposition;
- System Breakdown Structure definition;
- Functional analysis and requirements allocation;
- System and sub-system specification development and management;
- Managing technical change via ECP/CCP;
- Collaboration in interdisciplinary development teams in order to produce a solution that meets specification; and
- Co-ordination of internal and customer mandated design reviews and system audits.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Safety, Partnering, Openness, Respect and Trust. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering;
- Demonstrated application of formal Systems Engineering to product development;
- Experience in interpreting and analysing complex functional requirements;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to resolve complex problems and issues;
- Relevant experience in a related or similar industry;
- Very good command of written and spoken English;
- Willingness to travel, including international travel; and
- You must be an Australian Citizen to apply for this position in order to obtain a Security Clearance.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence prime with rapidly growing operations across Australia and New Zealand. We deliver specialist capability to the Australian and New Zealand Defence Forces in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment through our three divisions; Vehicle Systems, Electronic Solutions and Weapons, Ammunitions & Protection.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes through employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background. Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
Rheinmetall AG, publicly listed and based in Düsseldorf, Germany, is a powerful, internationally successful corporation. As an integrated technology group, Rheinmetall is a market leader in the areas of environmentally friendly mobility and threat-appropriate security technology. Rheinmetall commands a foremost position as a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry for modules and systems. Furthermore, Rheinmetall is Europe’s foremost supplier of defence and security technology and a longstanding partner of the armed forces.
Talent Acquisition Business Partner
+61 428 881 736