- Ref. no.: IT00034
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Permanent Position
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FORWithin the Purchasing Department, reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Commodity Buyer is responsible for all operational purchasing activities within the given Commodity/ Components.
• Source all parts in the commodity group within the agreed quality, timing and cost targets.
• Management of various commodities.
• Analyse quotations to determine best suppliers, prepare sourcing, negotiate terms and conditions in compliance with overall business objectives.
• Review purchase requests, prepare requests for quotations, select bidders list to received competitive quotes on commodities assigned.
• Implement contracts with regard to deliveries, quantities, quality, etc.
• Strong collaboration with colleagues in the plant as well as related departments Essential Functions.
• Supplier selection, evaluation, price negotiation, contracting, statistical evaluations.
• Ability to work in an international environment according to established purchasing rules.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE• A team player who demonstrates determination, energy and enthusiasm following an open, flexible and solution driven approach
• Ideally educated to a technical diploma
• At least 3-5 years in Automotive (preferably) purchasing manufacturing experience.
• Knowledge of technical drawings reading.
• At least 3-5 years of experience in supplier evaluation, negotiation and related correspondence.
• Competence in business tools: PC (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database (SAP)
• Fluent in English is a must, second language is an advantage
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall’s Materials and Trade division numbers among the world’s foremost makers and development partners of system components for the basic motor. Its Trade business unit represents the Group’s global aftermarket activities.
In the realm of research and development, the division’s Small-Bore Pistons, Large-Bore Pistons, Bearings, and Castings business units focus on meeting the major challenges now facing the sector, such as weight reduction, emission reduction and increased service life, while simultaneously boosting performance. The division’s comprehensive product portfolio includes pistons for gasoline and diesel engines for passenger cars and trucks; pistons for two-stroke motors and compressors; large-bore pistons for stationary motors, marine diesel engines and locomotives; polymer-coated and metallic plain bearings; cast parts (such as structural components); and continuous casting products.
Rheinmetall AG, publicly listed and based in Düsseldorf, Germany, is a powerful, internationally successful corporation. As an integrated technology group, Rheinmetall is a market leader in the areas of environmentally friendly mobility and threat-appropriate security technology. Rheinmetall commands a foremost position as a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry for modules and systems. Furthermore, Rheinmetall is Europe’s foremost supplier of defence and security technology and a longstanding partner of the armed forces.