- Ref. no.: US00143
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Support engineering in design, development and testing of existing or new products, through overseeing and planning all related test activities, internally or externally. Support development of testing and prototyping capabilities and compliance to requirements and regulations, while working with the local and the global team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead product testing, data collection, compiling and report writing
• Operate test equipment for the Mechatronics NA products as needed
• Support test equipment preventive maintenance and calibration
• Support tracking of benches utilization
• Support return part analysis
• Support prototype certification (testing, dimensional, …) and prototype components acceptance (incoming inspection)
• Support parts procurement for prototype builds, purchase requisitions, timing and logistics (purchased/sold parts, invoices, shippers, …)
• Support localization of outside services and acquisition of new equipment (writing technical specifications, supporting sourcing and realization of testing benches or equipment)
• Support correlation of benches with competence centers in Europe
• Support completion of internal or external tests as required
• Support design and realization of testing and prototyping fixtures
• Support engineering in development of product improvement concepts
• Comply with requirements and regulations
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or associate degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electric/Electronics and at least 6 years’ experience in testing of powertrain or automotive components
• Understanding of electronics and electrical tools such as, but not limited to: sensors (pressure, temperature, motion, …), multi-meters, oscilloscopes and power supplies.
• Hands on experience with electronic equipment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Good communication and presentation skills; verbal and written.
• Willingness to travel as needed and to work abroad for training purposes
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Pierburg US, LLC, Fountain Inn (SC), manufactures components in the segments air supply and emission control and is part of Rheinmetall Automotive’s Mechatronics Division.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of mobility and security. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.