- Ref. no.: DE03105
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Permanent Position
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The 35-person department for which we are looking for you is a mixture of experienced colleagues from simulation and games developers. The tools and techniques used here for the real-time 3D visualization of training scenarios overlap a lot with the games industry (real-time 3D rendering engines like Unity or Unreal as well as DCC tools like 3ds Max, Blender, Substance). In the department both the 3D engine (visual systems) and the 3D content (terrain databases and 3D models) and related toolchains/workflows are further developed and used in a variety of different projects in the field of aviation, navy and army.
This is what you can expect:
- You will work in a powerful team on our modern content generation toolchain for large simulators such as flight pilot and ship bridge simulators and further develop the core technologies of the tools used (e.g. Trian3DBuilder)
- The tools developed in your team are used for the creation of virtual 3D representations of real existing areas (up to 100,000 sqkm large training areas for large simulators for education/training purposes)
- You will develop concepts for ensuring an efficient and stable generation pipeline for virtual worlds in simulation using a high degree of automation
- You will develop new workflows in consultation with the Content Creation Team and the Visual Systems Team in order to jointly increase visual quality and implement efficiency-enhancing procedures
- You are involved in the development of future research and development topics and thus ensure that the technologies of tomorrow are available
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- You have a degree in computer science or similar development experience
- You have many years of practical experience in C++ development, debugging and architecture
- You have experience with OpenSceneGraph or other comparable 3D frameworks
- You are familiar with Visual Studio and the basic structure of flexible interfaces
- Ideally you have already gained experience in working with GIS applications and data
- You are characterized by a high quality awareness and understanding of service
- The ability to work in a team, readiness to work and familiarise yourself with complex tool chains and environments are a matter of course for you
- You have a strong analytical mind
- Very good knowledge of German (spoken and written)
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We offer you a creative, dynamic working environment in which you play a central role as an IT specialist. In order to meet the ever-increasing requirements in the areas of mobility and security, we need your know-how. As an employee in our company, you will benefit from a positive working atmosphere in which you can feel comfortable in the long term. Together with your motivated colleagues, you will work with us on new exciting and extraordinary technologies and products for global markets.
At our location in Bremen, we offer you:
- Flexible working hours (flexitime and trust-based working hours)
- Attractive compensation and 30 days of vacation per year
- Exciting, interdisciplinary and international projects in a matrix organization
- A corporate culture that promotes professional and personal development
- Employee benefits of a large corporation, e.g. company pension plan and employee stock purchase program
- Corporate Benefits Platform
- Fitness and health offers as well as VIVA family service
- Subsidized company restaurant and free water, coffee and fruit
WHO WE ARE
The Electronic Solutions Division, part of the Rheinmetall Group’s Defence Sector, partners with armed forces in the field of internal security by offering a comprehensive product portfolio from air defence, reconnaissance, and fire control systems to sophisticated simulators for training military and civilian customers. The range also includes the publication of complex technical manuals.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of security and mobility. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.
Person of Contact: Mrs. Bär
Central Recruiting Hotline:
+ 49 (0) 2131 5350 7667